Friday, November 7, 2014

Magical Meet-Up: When Worlds Collide, Magic Happens!


A short time ago, my two worlds (blogging and teaching) collided. There weren't any fireworks, but there WAS singing, dancing, reading children's books and LOTS of laughter! Debbie Clement and I have been scheming for her to visit my class for a couple of years now, and it has finally happened! You may think from reading her posts here on PreK+K Sharing that she is larger than life, and I am here to tell you that she TOTALLY is!!!! 



Debbie came early one morning and delighted my class (and 3 others, as well)!  We sang






danced




acted silly






read her books,



learned a few easy sight words,



learned some sign language,










and had a blastThe kids loved it! 

We are both a little kooky--can you tell which shoes are mine and which ones are hers? 






The children were sad when she had to go and gave her lots of hugs! Shortly after she left (and for days later), I was inundated with the "When is Miss Debbie coming again?" questions. I hope she will come back sometime.







If you'd like to learn more about her books or songs, click this link for our PreK+K Sharing store




This was SO special for me! We've met in person several times before, but this was a great moment. Teaching Pre-K is definitely my first love and my passion! I love to share new experiences with my students and watch their joy as they discover new things. Watching them discover the whirlwind that is Debbie Clement was definitely a wonderful experience!




Today may be the last chance to enter our PreK+K Sharing 3rd Birthday Giveaway! Hop on over to enter to win these great goodies!!!



Happy birthday, PreK+K Sharing!!! 

from,










With love and laughter,


 

I'm thrilled to say I have been blogging here on PreK+K Sharing since the very beginning!  I am a Ga. Pre-K teacher, serving 4 and 5 year olds in an inclusive setting. Stop by and visit me anytime at littleilluminations.blogspot.com where I share my PreK classroom adventures or visit the little illuminations fanpage on facebook! And be sure to check out PreK+K Sharing EEE!

2 comments:

  1. AYN! AYN! AYN!!!!!!!!!! Your photos of our time together, totally capture the delight, fun, excitement and PURE JOY that are the experience of time spent with children. What a treasure to 'relive' this incredible morning through your capturing the experience. How very kind of you to share and document our fun for the rest of the world to glimpse!

    Your sweet friendship means so much to me.

    Sending you hugs from the final night of NAEYC in Dallas, this time!

    Your singing goofy pal!

    ~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie it was like reliving it for me as I wrote the post! I'm sure you are having a blast at NAEYC!!! Have some fun for me, as I can't be there this year! Thanks again for coming to share your music and joy with my class! Sending you hugs and rainbows on your travels!!! ~Ayn

      Delete

We would love to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a comment below....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...